Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Little, Normal, Sleepless Adventure

(Forewarning: This entry will probably not make any sense; my brain's floating away after being up for 30+ hours.)

I used to be used staying up more than 24 hours, especially when I have to work and cram on a costume, while juggling with a job on varying shifts. But now, I realize my body reaches its limit way sooner than expected.

Anyhow, today (or yesterday) I had to go somewhere straight from night shift and it's not something I'm really looking forward to. Then again, I went to PRC for that particular requirement with my friend, so it's not half bad at all.

From the hospital, we walked to the mall and grab breakfast while we talk over some sensitive issues; went and caught up with what's new, what happened, and whatever plans. (It's not as if we haven't seen each other for years, but it seems like it, even though we're working in the same hospital; our schedules never match.) Nothing beats a talk with a friend; it keeps you in check and dissolves all the biases of overthinking. (She somewhat gave me a new homework; something to reflect on.)


Going away from the topic again, but yeah, while walking, we saw this poor stuffed toy on the sidewalk. Jovelle was kind enough to say it was "planking".

After grabbing breakfast, we took the jeepney to buy longer time to talk before walking to our destination. It was around eight in the morning that time and the sunlight is pretty harsh for someone's eyes that didn't get a wink of sleep. Walking the length of the block (or was it two?) was draining and I can only grumble and complain and whine that I was so tired. Still, thanks to someone who was keeping me company, the journey to that place was bearable.

Too many people, too many requirements, walking here and there... it's just too stressful to spend time in that area, but gotta finish what we came there for. We had to go outside to have licenses photocopied as part of requirement for what we were getting, and this scene greeted us:



It was a funny sight because the people on the other side of the street were too energetic to be calling applicants and whoever to have whatnots photocopied, have their ID pictures taken, apply online for whatever; too many activities and it was such a nice change of sight from the usual morose atmosphere inside the PRC. I think both of us were laughing too much that by the time we went back inside the premises, we were the only ones laughing in that rather serious place.

After accomplishing filing for copies of Certificate of Registration, we didn't waste any more time in going back as we were both sleepy despite all the trolling and coffee. While we were walking the block again, we happened to spot this stall that got weird food we've seen for the first time:



Hotcakes/Japanese cakes + chocolate mallows. If there's anyone who's in need of sugar rush, I think this food is perfect for them. We were munching these cakes away while chatting and I took pictures of the sidewalk we used to pass by during college. It was nostalgic. Smelly and dingy and unsafe but relatively peaceful; talking about the old times made all the bad stuff go away. 




Hello, Recto Avenue, been a long time! Didn't change much, huh?

It was a different kind of experience, taking photos of normal stuff, just you and the busy streets, the usual happenings on a weekday . . . Somehow it makes me want to take photos of what I see before, during, or after work; or something that interested me or I found strange, randomly fascinating, or anything, really. Share a part of what transpires around me . . . If I'm not worried about my phone being snatched while taking photos, that is. (But I guess it shall test my skill of being a ninja, haha!)

And because my brain is terribly unable to function any longer, or can no longer come up with something organized and creative, I'll just leave some more photos I took before going home. Yay for photo spam!








I'll probably emphasize this blog entry in the future. For now, sleep.

TL;DR.

No comments:

Post a Comment