Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mishaps

Two days ago, there had been another con held at SMX Convention Center. Best of Anime, it was called. I cosplayed again, this time with a new costume that I have sewn myself! I feel so proud even though it's just a simple garb worn by court people in Japan during the Heian era. Well, it was for the character in KHR (because I'm a KHR fan), Asari Ugetsu.


(from here on, it's copy-pasta'd from my dA, because I'm L-A-Z-Y like that.)



It took me two weeks to research and one week to cut and sew. I must have been working too slow because I was just making a kosode, hitoe, sashinuki and kariginu for this particular character. Makes me wonder, actually, how some people manage to sew their utterly complicated costumes in a span of three days to overnight. HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Albeit there were a lot of mistakes in the costume, it is a fulfilling experience (though most people don't appreciate your work). I mean, the feeling of designing and creating something using your own hands, blood, sweat and tears (despite it being simple, ugh) makes one pursue more of the craft, improve and just have plain fun. It may be taxing, especially to those who love procrastinating (like me), but still... it feels so DAMN GREAT. :>

Thanks for those people who cheered me on. :> I promise I'll do better!

[/end copy-pasta]

In my opinion, the con isn't actually that special. In fact, I didn't see where the "best" was. In a sense, it was disappointing, but at least there were a lot of good cosplays and ozm cosplayers so it wasn't that much of a fail. We're still hoping that better cosplays would be seen on Cosmania two weeks from now. :>

Okay, I guess I'll end it here for now. Will put up pictures of me and my friends' cosplays during the event when I find decent ones, LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment